Shockwave for Director
Adobe Shockwave is used by over 450 million people. While there is always a debate about the plugin’s security and usefulness, it has become an integral part of Director – another Adobe product.
Powerful and efficient, Director utilizes Shockwave to run properly. Browsers that do not have the current version plugin shockwave for Director will find that they’re missing out on the most up-to-date, powerful features that Shockwave has to offer.
What is the current version of the plugin?
The most recent version of the plugin is: 22.214.171.124. Versions change with every update to Shockwave, so it is important to go to the official site to find the current version that has been released. Always update your Shockwave as many updates are security-related and essential for long-term usage.
What is Current Version Plugin Shockwave for Director?
Director is an advanced program that allows creators to make DVDs, CDs, learning courses on the web, prototypes and of course, interactive games online. Many of the games you love and enjoy that are online have been developed using both Director and Shockwave. One feature of the program is that it includes browser plugins such as the Current Version Plugin Shockwave for Director, which is a Firefox plugin.
Shockwave itself is a player that renders the Director files on the screen for the user.
While more complicated than that, Shockwave can be thought of as the engine that allows you to interact with anything that has been created by Director. According to Adobe, over 450 million people use Director and Shockwave on a daily basis; some of your favorite sites are already using Shockwave.
Normally included in modern browsers, you may have to download the Shockwave Player manually. This can be done on Adobe’s main Shockwave Player page.
The latest version of the software includes many great features that are perfect for developers and end-users. These features include:
- Stereoscopy: A form of immersive stereoscopic modes, this allows for 3D content to be converted directly through Shockwave.
- Post-processing: Stunning effects can be added to adjust color, depth of field, add night vision effects and so much more.
- Textures and Shaders: New textures and shaders allow for more realistic rendering in movies.
- File Support: Additional support has been added for over 40 video, audio and image formats. This includes FLC, SWF and DVD-Video, among many other formats.
- 264: Full-screen, high-definition support to watch movies and cinematics in crisp high-definition video. Streaming video also includes HD.
- Surround Sound: Visuals are accompanied with great sound support. Surround sound multimedia allows for 5.1 channel crisp audio, and 16-channel sound mixing.
- Physics: Realistic physics allows for games to be as real as possible. Tap into the NVIDIA PhysX engine to provide truly realistic games, collisions and gravity, among many other physic options.
- Unicode Support: Allow multi-language adaptation of training courses, games and more with Unicode support.
- Flash: Import flash content directly into applications that use Shockwave to extend your application’s functionality. Support is available for Flash 11.0.
Extensive mapping functionality has been added into the current version plugin of Shockwave for Director. These mapping features, such as Parallax mapping, allow for enhanced bump mapping that is more realistic with less overall impact on the performance seen by the user.
Changes have also allowed for character control options that allow fluid movement to cloth simulation that mimics the natural movement of cloth in games. This is perfect for anything from flags and banners to the actual clothing that may be worn by an in-game character.
Shockwave for Director allows for more powerful products to be developed. As an end-user, Current Version Plugin Shockwave for Director allows you to enjoy advanced functionality and performance in games, videos and more. The right browser plugin will allow for seamless viewing and gameplay right in your browser.
Shockwave is fast, secure and essential for any computer user to have installed.